The Yale CME Joint Sponsorship Committee is pleased to consider your request to jointly sponsor your continuing medical education (CME) activity.
The Yale School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to offer CME activities. In order for Yale CME to jointly sponsor your program, we must work in partnership with you to ensure that the ACCME Essential Areas and the Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education have been met. We are only able to consider requests for joint sponsorship which meet these requirements and complete the entire application process. Yale CME accreditation may be withdrawn at any point in time if the policies are not followed.
Requests for joint sponsorship must be submitted to the Yale CME office in writing and require completion of the Joint Sponsorship Application Form at least six months in advance of the meeting date. The following guidelines outline the steps to be followed.
Joint Sponsorship Services Provided by Yale CME
Yale CME will provide jointly sponsored organizations with a set of the Joint Sponsorship Guidelines and a contact person to answer any of your questions regarding the joint sponsorship process. This individual is responsible for designating your meeting with Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit in accordance with the Essentials and Standards of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education.
The following is a summary of services provided and reviews conducted by Yale CME in conjunction with the process of jointly sponsoring your meeting:
- Processing of meeting application.
- Review and approval of needs assessment documentation.
- Review and approval of learning objectives.
- Review and approval of all promotional material including abstract request information.
- Review of faculty disclosure and commercial support documentation and acknowledgements in program material.
- Management or delegation of management of corporate sponsorship and educational grant funds, if applicable.
- Review and approval of program agenda.
- Counting and granting of CME credits.
- Review and approval of evaluation form.
- Review of meeting budget.
- On-going correspondence with joint sponsored organization regarding process education and requests for information.
- Display and/or distribute your meeting flyers/registration brochures at Yale CME education courses.
- Promotion of jointly sponsored meetings on the Yale CME website.
Collection and review of the following items are required to officially close a meeting file and grant CME credits.
- Verification of physician attendance (attendance rosters, sign-in sheets).
- CME certificate processing.
- All on-site materials (program book, handouts).
- Final financial accounting.
- Participant evaluation summary report.
- Final meeting budget.
The above documents are required by the ACCME in order for Yale CME to provide CME credits for each jointly sponsored meeting. Failure to meet the ACCME requirements will result in loss of accreditation for your organization and puts Yale CME's accreditation status in jeopardy.